Generation Distinct began with a 20 year old girl who was called by God to pursue a big dream for her generation.
Generation Distinct is not my dream. It is God’s dream for this generation and for this world.
It all began when I looked around at my own generation and realized so many of us were settling for the mediocrity the world expects of us. I noticed so many of us were leaving the Church in masses. I realized there was so much potential for good and world change in our generation because we are passionate and we have big dreams and yet we were leaving that potential untapped and unnoticed.
I started to think, “God, someone has to do something about this!”
Someone had to tell our generation we have so much potential that must be leveraged.
Someone had to tell our generation we don’t have to wait until we are older to make a difference in the world for Your glory.
Someone had to tell our generation we don’t have to walk away from God to find our adventure.
Someone had to call our generation to something greater.
I said, “God, someone has to do this.”
He responded in that moment and said, “That’s right, Hannah. How about you?”
I almost pulled out my birth certificate to remind God how unqualified I was to start something and to carry His vision for this generation. I said, “No God you don’t understand, I’m really young. I don’t know what to do. I am not qualified. I’m young.”
But He responded back and said, “That’s kind of the point.”
If I have learned anything through the adventure of Generation Distinct it’s that God doesn’t care what your age is when He calls us to change the world…He still calls us.
And I’ve learned He doesn’t care how old we are or how young we are when He calls us to live a great story.
Before I knew it, a team was gathered and, suddenly, the dream of Generation Distinct became a reality.
– Hannah Gronowski
What is Generation Distinct?
Generation Distinct is an organization that exists to unleash a movement through inspiring and equipping the next generation to discover their passions and join the adventure of changing the world for Christ.
Generation Distinct INSPIRES and EQUIPS the next generation.
We INSPIRE the next generation to believe three things.
1) You have the potential to change the world, make a difference and pursue Christ no matter how old you are or how unqualified the world may say you are.
2) There is a wrong you were born to make right. Injustice abounds in this world, and the next generation’s passion and grit is needed. When God was creating the plan of the entire world and your name came up, what did He say you would do? It’s time for YOU to believe you have a unique purpose to change the world.
3) A Movement of redemption and renewal can be unleashed in this generation. Considered by some to be the “ME” Generation while viewed by others as the most justice-conscious and generous generation ever, even our parents, bosses and teachers can’t seem to figure us out. But, God knew this generation would be motivated to work for justice, hungry for a rallying cry, and yearning for a community to rally with. The time is now.
We are the generation to start a movement.
We EQUIP our generation to take action on those three things.
1) We create TOOLS. Our Generation wants to take action, they just don’t always know where to start. We want to eradicate that problem. Generation Distinct produces tools that any person can utilize in order to start making a difference and pursuing Christ no matter their age, place, or experience.
2. We guide you to create your own WORLD CHANGE STRATEGY.
*Stay tuned for more information on this exciting project that is in development!
3) We invite you to JOIN THE MOVEMENT. We want to be a part of something greater than ourselves. Generation Distinct gives you that opportunity. Champions are on the front lines of this movement, spreading the vision in their communities. They live out the vision and spread it everywhere they go. Find more information HERE!
How would our world change if we, the next generation, discovered the life Jesus actually invites us to live?
He calls us to risk daringly, to surrender everything, and to fight boldly for His glory and to save the lost and to change the world.
The mission He has given us in anything but boring or safe.
This is what we are longing for – A cause greater than ourselves we can actually give our lives to.
“God’s Spirit beckons. There are things to do and places to go! This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It’s adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike “What’s next, Papa?” God’s Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are.” // Romans 8:14-17 (MSG)
THIS is why the vision of Generation Distinct matters.
If we can inspire a Generation to believe these truths of who Jesus truly is, and if we can give them the tools to actually begin taking action, we believe our generation will be more committed to Christ and doing His work than any generation in all of history.
For more about Generation Distinct, please visit: www.generationdistinct.com